Monday, March 16, 2009

Missing Mom

"WISHING TO HEAR HER"

I wish to hear those word's
our MOTHER tried to say
the one she longed to speak
before she went away
oh, her eye's told the story
of her pain and misery
her smile said "please don't worry"
I'm alright you soon will see.
I wish to hear the words
my MOTHER now has to say
about a peaceful shore
and the most beautiful day
she'll tell us how our LORD
took her by the hand
to lead her as a little child
into his promise land
rejoicing with past loved ones
as they walk the street's of gold
I'd love to hear them talking
of all the HEAVEN has to hold
if she could come and see us
just one brief final time
she'd take us in her loving arm's
and say I'll be waiting for you
on the other side.

There are so many day's I wish I could just hear her voice, just a Hey it's MOM on the phone.
We just don't realize how precious her time here on earth really was, how she impacted so many people's lives. She was such a great person. She alway's put others in front of herself. Such a loving, forgiving, unselfish person. We were so lucky to have her for our Mother. My hope is that my own children can say that about me. I regret not telling her enough how much she meant to me. I will see her again, when she walk's me through HEAVEN'S gate. She will be forever missed.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice poem...where did you find it? I miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her so much. Sometimes when I have a bad day, I start to call her out of just habit. Then I remember that I can't and it breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The person that is gone will always be missed and in our hearts til we see her again. I believe Mom is wth Jesus. Therefore there is but one way to see her again.

    What grieves me is not that I miss Mom but.... The many that linger in the past and neglect the people and blessings that they have Now..... Many wait too late and then say if only I had............ too late!

    ReplyDelete